As mentioned in my teaching philosophy, it is important to me to continually develop and employ new strategies and materials, when appropriate, to engage my students. Some of my favorite innovations to date include:
- Make it Work!
- Targeted troubleshooting activities developed for PY 716-L, the graduate statistics lab
- “Mythbusters” video project
- A new form of the group term project for my PY 101, Introduction to Psychology course
- Meet the Magic City
- A continuing effort to use cultural resources unique to Birmingham to supplement course content and in-class discussions
- Honestly? This one is just my attempt to make sure students have every conceivable avenue available to contact me and ask for help, clarification, etc.